How do we support our baby’s internal motivation to feed themself? In this interview I join registered dietitian Katie Ferraro at Baby Led Weaning and share some very practical tips for connecting with your baby at mealtimes, especially when your baby is hesitant or appears worried when trying new foods.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- Why some babies get worried at mealtimes and what that looks like
- How you can support your baby’s internal motivation to feed themself
- What “excessive cheerleading” looks like at mealtimes and why it can be harmful
About The Host
Katie Ferraro is a Registered Dietitian specializing in baby-led weaning and a mom of 7. She is an Associate Professor of Nutrition at the University of San Diego and a self-proclaimed baby-feeding fanatic!
- About Katie Ferraro
- Episode 170 – Sensory 101: What Motivates Babies to Eat? with Marsha Dunn Klein, OTR/L, MEd https://blwpodcast.com/episodes/170
- Episode 312 – Picky Eating Prevention Tips with Stephanie Cohen, MA, CCC-SLP, CLC https://blwpodcast.com/episodes/312
- Episode 206 – Stay in Your Lane: Parent & Baby Roles in Infant Feeding with Marsha Dunn Klein OTR/L, MEd, FAOTA https://blwpodcast.com/episodes/206