How good are you at reading your baby’s hunger and fullness cues? Do you observe your baby at mealtimes or are you pressuring baby to eat? In this episode I joined Katie Ferraro at Baby Led Weaning to share 3 easy techniques we can all start using at mealtimes to ensure we are being responsive feeders.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- HOW to read baby’s cues and follow their lead…even when you’re tempted to pressure feed
- WHY we need to step back and support our baby’s autonomy as they learn to self-feed
- WHAT emotional support at mealtimes looks like…it’s easier to do than you think!
About The Host
Katie Ferraro is a Registered Dietitian specializing in baby-led weaning and a mom of 7. She is an Associate Professor of Nutrition at the University of San Diego and a self-proclaimed baby-feeding fanatic!
- About Katie Ferraro
- Follow Stephanie on Instagram @learntotalkwithme and TikTok @learntotalkwithme
- The article that Stephanie mentioned she co-wrote for an ASHA publication about pediatric feeding disorder can be accessed here: https://pubs.asha.org/doi/10.1044/2022_PERSP-20-00259