Does the term “picky eating” make your skin crawl? I don’t love it either! But picky eating IS something parents ask about. I joined Katie Ferraro at Baby Led Weaning to share some easy ways we can foster independence at mealtimes, even from a babies’ first bites.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- WHY oral-sensory exploration is the foundation of learning how to eat…it’s not our job to MAKE the baby eat!
- WHAT “picky eating” means to Stephanie as a mom, SLP and feeding therapist…but also why she doesn’t love the term
- HOW “getting your baby to love vegetables” is not something we should be celebrating as a parenting win or badge of honor
About The Host
Katie Ferraro is a Registered Dietitian specializing in baby-led weaning and a mom of 7. She is an Associate Professor of Nutrition at the University of San Diego and a self-proclaimed baby-feeding fanatic!
- About Katie Ferraro
- Follow Stephanie on Instagram @learntotalkwithme and TikTok @learntotalkwithme
- The article that Stephanie mentioned she co-wrote for an ASHA publication about pediatric feeding disorder can be accessed here: https://pubs.asha.org/doi/10.1044/2022_PERSP-20-00259